Dr. Elizabeth Davis
Artist Teacher, Assistant Director
Dr. Elizabeth Davis comes to the Piano Academy of North Carolina with extensive experience as a piano pedagogue and instructor of students of all ages, abilities, and physical limitations. Her students have successfully participated in a variety of local, regional, state, and national festivals and competitions including awards for highest scores on the Royal Conservatory of Music exams and composition competitions.
As a presenter, she has presented research on the music of William Bolcom, Frédéric Chopin, and on pedagogy for special needs learners to local, state, and national conferences. Elizabeth is also an active accompanist, solo performer, and avid church musician and has recently organized and performed benefit concerts and events in Florida, South Carolina, and North Carolina.
• Doctor of Musical Arts in Piano Pedagogy
University of South Carolina
• Master of Music in Piano Pedagogy/Performance
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
• Bachelor of Arts in Music Education/Piano—
• Music Teachers National Association (MTNA)
• North Carolina Music Teachers Association (NCMTA)
• North Carolina National Federation of Music Clubs
• Durham Music Teachers Association (DMTA)
• American Guild of Organists
• Pi Kappa Lambda (National Music Honor Society)